St. Brigid School Honor Choir
The culmination of the choir school is the Honor Choir, a select group of students from grades 3-8 who rehearse twice a week and sing regularly for school and cathedral function, in addition to choir festivals and performances elsewhere. The choir has sung throughout Northern California, including eight Missions, and recently participated in a Mass with the Sistine Chapel Choir at St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome (January 2016). There are presently 40 choir members, 20 of whom receive choir scholarships to aid with school tuition.
Regina caeli (Aichinger)
God So Loved the World (Stainer)
Dios te salve (Mission Santa Barbara Choir Book)
Kyrie, Missa en sol (Sancho)
Esta es cena (Pascual)
Poor Man Lazrus (Hairston)
Beginning August, 2019
- If your child is absent from school or leaves during the school day, you do not need to contact Dr. Tietze.
- If your child is at school but cannot attend rehearsal for any reason, please phone Dr. Tietze at (415) 567-2020 ext 213, leave him a note in his school mailbox, or contact him on the St. Brigid’s portal.
- Children who are more than 5 minutes late for rehearsal at school must get a note from a teacher.
- Any children who are absent without notification will be marked unexcused. Three unexcused absences will result in expulsion from the choir.
- All scheduled performances are mandatory, including those during school holidays. For all performances we need to receive prior notification for any absences and the reason for the absence; the only valid excuses are illness or serious family commitments (the same criteria as for school absences). Allowance is also made for participation in important sports games (play-off games, or when the absence of the student will cause the student's team to forfeit a game).
Subject to change with sufficient notice.
Performances, at the cathedral, unless indicated differently: